October 13-14, 18-19 (CANCELLED)
(Online – Special Discounted Fee Applies)
|CPD Hours: 26|
$2,000 (Online Version - Special discounted pricing)
The Leading with Emotional Intelligence program offers a comprehensive learning experience for professionals to learn, practice, and implement specific tools and tactics to build their leadership skills in emotional intelligence.
An impactful program that will enable you to walk away with practical tools to lead yourself and your team to success.
Discover how you can achieve a more people-focused approach to your leadership style and strive to instill trust in your team by building meaningful relationships.
- EQ-i 2.0® Assessment & Report provided prior to the program
- Group Debrief of results included in the first day of the program
- Pre and post work to complement each session
- Assigned accountability partners to promote the learning beyond the session
Part 1 - Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Group debrief on the results from the EQ-i 2.0® model.
- Identify what emotional intelligence is, its benefits, and why it is critical to leadership development.
- Build a foundational understanding of the EQ-i 2.0® model, the five composite scales and the 15 competencies within the model.
- Recognize how each of the five composite scales plays a role in leadership effectiveness (self-perception, self-expression, interpersonal, decision making, and stress management).
Part 2 - Boosting Your Emotional Intelligence
- Relate the individual EQ strengths and the development opportunities to how it impacts one's personal and professional life.
- Identify how individual strengths and development opportunities show up in the workplace.
- Determine competency advisors within the team and establish techniques to enhance each composite scale of the EQ-i 2.0® model.
- Discover the dark side of emotional intelligence and the importance of balancing your EQ.
Part 3 - Applying Emotional Intelligence to Your Leadership
- Dive deeper into enhancing one's emotional intelligence and applying it directly to leadership.
- Gain awareness of one's emotional triggers and stressors and learn how to name their feelings and regulate their emotional responses accurately.
- Learn ways to balance emotional intelligence competencies to improve performance and overall satisfaction.
- Walk away with practical tools for enhancing each of the 15 emotional intelligence competencies with actionable strategies, tips, and tools.
Part 4 - Setting Emotional Intelligence Goals
- Learn about the importance of how to change behaviours effectively.
- Discover the importance of goal setting and build a foundational understanding of setting clear, concise goals.
- Discuss the program's learnings and develop ways for the group to integrate the knowledge into the organization's strategic objectives.
- Generate a personal emotional intelligence development plan to improve development opportunities and leverage strengths.
CAROLYN STERN, B.COMM, B.ED, PBD PRED, PBD In Bus, MA Leadership. As a professor with the School of Business at Capilano University, Carolyn pioneered the integration of Emotional Intelligence into Capilano’s curriculum.
An Emotional Intelligence and leadership development expert, Carolyn combines real-world experience as both a business leader with more than two decades as a trainer and educator. Her company, EI Experience, provides leadership development and emotional intelligence training for all management levels and businesses of all sizes and scope. Since launching EI Experience in 2017, Carolyn has helped more than 15,000 business leaders leverage their emotional intelligence skills to connect with their diverse workforce and develop high-performing teams.