Oct 28-29, Nov 4 Cancelled (Online – Special Discounted Fee Applies)
|CPD Hours: 21|
Governing with Intention™ is a standalone program for current or incoming directors and professionals seeking leading governance best practices. Elevate your personal and their board’s contribution at the board table, and the skills to navigate the modern boardroom.
Walk away with a customized action plan to elevate their board’s contribution and help their organization perform better.
Balancing practical tips with leading governance practices, learn how to shift dialogue to issues that matter, navigate the line between governance and management, elevate personal contribution at the board table, and design a positive board culture.
Governing with Intention™
- Explore the principles of an intentional approach to governance
- Understand and apply fiduciary and legal duties
- Apply WATSON’s “Managing the Line” between governance and management
- Learn leading renewal practices
- Determine ways to maximize contributions of key roles on the board and management team
- Strengthen board culture by identifying and adopting practices specific to the board/management relationship
- Shift to a more strategic perspective
Chair with Intention™
- Clarify the attributes and responsibilities of an effective chair
- Lead meetings to enhance director contributions and elevate conversations
- Strengthen relationships with key stakeholders
- Develop a finely balanced CEO-Chair relationship and clarity in oversight
- Explore emergent practices in chair renewal, from recruitment and orientation to evaluation and succession
- Refine facilitation skills to foster a stronger culture and dialogue
TERESA BUDD, BA, LLB collaborates with WATSON as a governance consultant with 20 years’ experience in governance and law in both Vancouver and Toronto
She has worked with private and public companies, Crown agencies, municipal corporations, member-based organizations, regulatory bodies, and not-for-profit organizations. Teresa conducts governance reviews, board evaluations, corporate secretarial practice assessments, and supports multiple boards as an outsourced corporate secretary. She is a facilitator in WATSON’s Governance Academy delivering governance education programs to both individual directors and boards.