July 7-8, 14-15
(Online - Special Discount Fee Applies)
CPD Hours: 28
As part of the CPABC CFO Program, The CFO’s Operational Skills Program will focus on core technical and operational skills. The CFO’s Leadership Program will focus on management and leadership skills. You can choose to complete only one of these programs, but if you complete both components you will receive the CPABC CFO Program Certificate. They can be completed in any order as they focus on separate and distinct skills.
Nail down the strategy, planning, budgeting and internal control competencies to facilitate efficient and effective operations.
This program delivers core CFO operational competencies that organizations expect and demand. Examine the relationship of strategy and risk-taking and help drive your organization’s mission and success.
Governance, Strategy, and Risk Management
- Stakeholders, shareholders, and the board
- Culture, ethics, and wisdom
- Role of the CFO
- Behavioural finance and behavioural insights
- Integrating governance and strategy
- Sustainability and risk management
Creating Value Through Operational and Financial Management
- The new normal: post pandemic business
- Operational and financial tools
- Internal control and COSO’s Internal Control – integrated framework
- Communicating with stakeholders
- Mergers and acquisitions: due diligence and valuing a business
- Optimal capital structure
JEFFREY D. SHERMAN, MBA, CIM, FCPA, FCA (Ontario), has over 25 years experience as an executive and corporate director in high tech, biotechnology/medical, financial services, and business services.
He is a popular presenter, a frequent course director and course author for many organizations, and has created and presents executive development programs and one-day seminars for most provincial Chartered Professional Accountants organizations across Canada. He has written over twenty books including Strategy and Planning Toolkit for Small and Medium Businesses (published by CPA Canada).